Using the portal to research or readopt texts from a previous semester
- Once you are on the course screen of the course for which you would like to adopt, you have the option to copy books used in a previous course using the “Book Search” section.
- From the drop-down list of terms, select the term from which you would like to copy books. Click Update Book List.
- From the drop-down list of courses, select the course from which you would like to copy books. Click Update Book List. If a class was taught in the prior semester , the portal will automatically default to that course for you.
- Copy the information for the texts that you would like to reuse by clicking on the icon next to the author’s name. All of the information about that text will be copied below to the gray boxes.
- Amend any information that needs to be changed for the upcoming semester including first-of-semester, number to order, and comments. Click Add/Update to add the title to your order.